Polished concrete, Epoxy floor finishes and other floor finishes
Polished Concrete Benefits include:
- Cost savings: Using the slab on grade as the finished floor surface is more cost effective, maintenance costs are lower
- More resistant to high foot traffic.
- Less maintenance and longer service life: Polished floors are easy to clean, requiring only occasional damp mopping. They also eliminate the need for messy waxes or coatings as well as the associated labor, time, and expense to apply them. The glossy surface of polished concrete resists the marks of forklift truck tires and staining from oil and chemical spills.
- Resistant to moisture transmission issues: Polished concrete allows the floor to breathe and eliminates issues that arise with other flooring materials that seal off the concrete, such as tile, etc.
- High light reflectivity: Important for office building floors, hotels, restaurants, and other public facilities that want to project a bright, clean, professional image. Also saves energy by reducing artificial lighting requirements
- Is a sustainable flooring alternative: Polished concrete does not require hazardous coatings, cleaners or adhesives
Epoxy Floor Finish Differences:
- Epoxy coatings will create a shiny high gloss surface. The brightness of an area with epoxy floor can be increased by 200%
- It offers a hard wearing durable surface able to withstand heavy and continuous traffic.
- Durable and easy to clean
- Ideal for warehouses and industrial applications
- Resists oil stains, beads water, and wipes super clean and will create a seamless surface
- Epoxy floor, when applied properly can last several years.
- Provide a chemically resistant surface ideal for manufacturing plants
- Different patterns can be combined to create driveways and/or identify walkable areas.
- Prevent wear and tear on the existing concrete floor.
- Epoxy floors are considered environmentally friendly solutions.
- Some of the products used can also be combined with self-leveling products that can be applied over new or old concrete.
- Require little or no major maintenance.
- The amount of effort that goes into our prep work and the fact that we use two component coating products sets our work apart from doing it yourself and other cheaper options.
Overall, a finished floor just looks much nicer